User Manual & Quick Start Guide
For the best performance, always use the latest firmware: Vaquform Firmware V1.3010
What's new in this update
Slow Heating Prompt. If the machine is heating slower than expected, a prompt will pop up. Press the left navigation key and select [YES] to continue heating, or the right navigation key [NO] to restart cycle. If the machine receives no response in 30 seconds, the cycle will automatically stop. This prompt may appear for your initial use, especially when you are operating the unit in a cold environment.
Cooling Time. The standard cooling time is recalibrated for each plastic sheet thickness. The vacuums will shut off after about a minute or so of cooling. Please use safety gloves when releasing the mold to avoid accidentally burning yourself.
Manual mode. In manual mode all automatic functions are switched off. In this mode, pressing the orange button during a heat cycle allows you to go from HEAT to VAC1 to VAC2 sequentially.
Clear mode. This mode is intended for materials that are transparent in the IR spectrum. For PETG and PVC, you may use the standard profiles as they are not transparent in the mid-IR range at which the sensor operates.
In this mode the IR sensor is switched off, therefore no material temperature reading will appear on screen. This means you will have to keep an eye on the material, judge when it is ready, and manually begin the vacuum by pressing the orange button.
How to upload a firmware
1. Install USB Driver on a computer running Windows 7 or later. Skip this step if you've installed this before.
2. Download and unpack the ZIP file containing the latest firmware
3. Download programmer. You'll need a program called XLoader to upload the firmware's .hex file.
4. Open Xloader and load the .hex file from step 2.
5. Set XLoader as follows
- Device: Uno (Atmega328)
- COM port: the COM port used by the machine.
- Baud rate: 115200
6. Press Upload and wait for upload to complete It shouldn't take more than about 30 seconds.